Job Seeker Services
North Central Career Centers is here to assist you with Re-employment.
The way to file an unemployment insurance (UI) claim on line is to:
Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development Videos: Main Link
- Review Video 1: How to Apply for Unemployment Benefits link
- Review Video 2:How to Request Benefit Payment link
- Review Video 3. Reopen A Claim With UI Online
- Link to: UI Online Claimant User Guides
- Work Search Requirement: http://www.mass.gov/lwd/unemployment/worksearch
- How Your Unemployment Insurance Benefits are Determined: Online Information Sheet & Mass.gov detailed webpage
- Apply online 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily - Click on chart image
- or Call the UI TeleClaim Center to file by telephone
- area codes 617 or 781 call 617-626-6800
- all other area codes - Toll-free 1-877-626-6800 - from the following - area codes 351, 413, 508, 774 or 978
Click here for information on how UI Works, DUA's guide for unemployment insurance claimants. Learn about:
- Claimant's rights and responsibilities,
- Choices you have for collecting your benefits if you are eligible,
- Retraining opportunities, and
- Services available to help you return to work as quickly as possible.
For information about your work search requirements and how you are required by law to actively look for work and maintain records of your work search as a condition of your continued eligibility for UI benefits.
Click on link for information on Massachusetts Health Connector. This is a health insurance program for residents of the Commonwealth who are receiving unemployment insurance benefits. Links to Health Connector 2014 - pamphlet and the Non-Group Overview for Individuals/Families.
If you have an unemployment insurance claim, you can:
- Sign for your benefits every week
- Get information on your benefit check
- Print out a copy of your 1099G form