Job Seeker Services
Resources and Research
At the North Central Career Centers locations we support you with the resources you need to conduct an effective job search.
The Resource Room is equipped with computers for self-service. Assistance is available for basic computer assistance on a walk-in basis. Access the internet for job search activities, write/type your resume on Microsoft Word and print a copy.
Employment and Labor Market Information Materials
Visit our offices for research, labor market information and/or read material on job searching techniques. This material provides a wealth of job search information in one convenient location. Also consider visiting a local library for additional research - Public Library Listing : Leominster, Fitchburg & Gardner.
You may want to spend some time in the Resource Room on Self-Paced Computer Tutorials to update your skills in programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint on: GCFLearnFree. orgor Microsoft Office Training Center
- Search for (TOP) Training Opportunities Program Section 30 Approved training programs on Massachusetts JobQuest.
- Talk with someone at the North Central Educational Opportunities Center
- Visit your Public Library for information about careers, salaries and education
- Visit the schools you are considering attending
- Use Mount Wachusett Community College Career Coach
- Mass JobQuest - Search for job openings throughout Massachusetts. Register as a user so that you can save your jobs to your account
- Occupational Employment and Wage Data
- Massachusetts Workforce Investment Act Title I (WIA)
- Articles on Job Searching and Career Planning
- Unemployment Insurance information with a variety of publications to help you understand the law and your rights and responsibilities.
- Commonwealth Employment Opportunities (CEO) is a comprehensive listing of current openings in Massachusetts State government.
- Connect to Mass Talent Quest to access a pool of applicants and review resumes of qualified job seekers.
- The Massachusetts' WorkSharing Program is an alternative to layoffs that are disruptive for employers and their workforce.
- Hiring Incentive Training Grant, designed to help Massachusetts employers pay the costs of training newly hired employees who were previously unemployed.
- Workforce Training Fund awards grants to help businesses and labor organizations train the Commonwealth's workers, enhancing their existing skills and introducing them to new technologies, production methods and customer satisfaction tools
- At MassStats view a wide variety of economic data for the state of Massachusetts and its local areas.
- MassBiz Work$ - Resource Card - Resource Guide